What is Proof Reading?
Proof Reading Services: Proof Reading means checking the textual errors carefully prior to its publication or sharing. It can be said as the final step in writing. It involves sorting out the minor mistakes like spelling mistake, punctuation errors, formatting problems, inconsistencies and typos. Thus it simply intends to rectify errors (incorrect spellings, punctuation and grammatical mistakes). It is significant as it is essential to assure the paper is free from errors.
Why to Proofread?
“Mistakes are common, but final evaluation is essential to rectify minor corrections”
Most of the people do not give importance to Proof Reading Services. But this is the final stage in writing that makes your paper error-free. Here are the various reasons that reveal the importance of proofreading. Prior to the submission of the academic research paper or its printing, memo, essay, email or any additional written document, it is significant to proofread the content carefully. A written material is considered incomplete until it is proofread.
Hence only when a written content is proofread, the particular material is complete (error-free). It aids one to check if every necessities are included in the writing without any mistakes. It also gives an opportunity to evaluate your work again. While proof-reading, you can also add the missed out contents or any other kind of errors. It aids you to remove unnecessary mistakes thereby improve the quality of the written content. Proofreading can be better understood by an example.
Example – you might have written exams in your school and college life. Though the portions or content vary, the method of checking them never changes. Our teachers will tell us to re-check the answers so as to make sure the particular answers are error-free. At times, we would have missed an answer while writing fast or might have made mistakes unintentionally. So we often need to re-check it to clarify those mistakes and to attain satisfaction that the written content is correct after checking it. The same concept applies everywhere. Proofreading is applied not only to correct the answers in the exams but also to be applied in various other contents (papers, e-mail etc.)
A proofread material will have high-quality. When people read such a content they will feel satisfied. Hence to attain such a high-quality written content, proofreading is more essential.
The Proof Reader’s Focus
Proof readers typically focus on certain criteria. At first they make sure that the written material is free from error, that is, it is perfect with respect to spelling, grammar and punctuations. The proof readers give importance to contents.
“Don’t judge a book by its cover” is a general idiom we might have learnt in our school. So this is not the same here. People judge a paper only by the way it looks, which means if the particular paper has a single error, the readers will have a bad-impression on the paper. Just think if you have worked days and night to write a paper but a single mistake makes your paper weak, it really stresses you right. So you must proofread your materials to make your paper get a good look (error-free).
Significance of Proof Reading Services
Many people do not realize the significance of proofreading. They just skip this process by thinking it to be unwanted. Remember that a story is incomplete without a moral. Similarly, a paper is incomplete without proofreading. Submitting a paper for publication without proofreading is really a risk. This is because when your Research Proposal is found with an error, it will harm your reputation. Hence understand the significance of proofreading and start implementing it.
An efficient proofreading is always essential to produce written contents of high quality. When the written content is proofread completely, carefully and correctly, it will make significant changes, that is a paper read by a reader before proofreading and after proofreading will have a difference. The reader will have a good impression when they read a proofread paper as it will be error-free.
Techniques to Proof Reading Services
• There are various techniques to proofread a written material or document. You can make use of expert proofreading services where you will have professionals to proofread your written contents.
• Various tools are also present to proofread which include spell-checkers, Grammarly and many others.
Here are the various benefits you will attain after proofreading the written content. They are:
Proofreading typically helps in gaining a readable, fascinating, clear enlightening and informative content.
1. Creates a good-reading experience for the readers.
2. It increases the quality and the credibility of the paper.
3. Increases the rate of publication.
4. It creates a good impact on the written content.
Proof Reading for Publication
You might think why proofreading is significant for publications. Typically, scientists and academics submit their paper to get it published. The editors who are responsible to accept or reject those documents will be more conscious about the text in the submitted manuscript. So don’t make it that way. Make your paper highly qualified for publication. A manuscript or written document which accurately follows the guidelines of publisher, utilizes language which clearly explores the ideas has high chances of gaining positive impact which ultimately gives high chances to Scopus publication that paper.
A proof reader helps you to make your paper get a finished look. Various types of academic writing exists. It is often better to get help from professional proof readers to make your content right without any typos. Expert Proofreading services provide you a great guideline to make a complete paper free of spelling mistakes, grammatical and punctuation errors.
After proofreading a document, there will a difference in the paper. Hence the proof readers must confirm that the transformed content matches the source of the old document (before proof reading).
What Should A Proof Reading Have?
- Proof reading must give meaningful content to the readers,
- It should not change the actual concept of the PhD Topic Selection,
- It should change minor mistakes like grammatical errors.
- Proof reader’s Approach While Proofreading
A proof reader will use various approaches while proof reading a manuscript or any kind of written material. The proof reader who have good stuffs about the grammatical errors use these ways to proof read a document.
1. Say no to interruptions – the proof readers avoid interruptions and proof read a document carefully.
2. Start Reading – the proof readers start to read the content so that they will spot the errors easily. They will focus on each and every sentence to rectify the grammatical errors.
3. A short break – Proof readers take a short break while proof reading. Nothing wrong in taking small breaks to refresh. Hence proof readers take a small break so that they will regain energy and proof read the document effectively.
4. Equal importance to each line – the proof readers not only see for grammatical, punctuation and spelling mistakes. They give equal importance to each line and make changes accordingly like if there are other errors other than grammatical errors. At times, the writing format might have changed or a particular sentence might be meaningless. Thus proof readers make all these changes with whole hearted dedication.
5. Focus – when the proof readers read each line, there might be chances of missing a line while reading. So, it is often advisable to use rulers to get focus and read each line without skipping any of the lines.
6. Scanning is better than skimming – Scanning is reading each sentence carefully. While skimming is quickly reading each sentence, like just a glance. So, proof readers often scan the document which is the essential factor every proof reader should have to spot the errors accurately. When skimming there is a large chances for missing the mistakes. That is, one cannot find the presence of the mistakes in the particular sentence. So scanning is all that works.
7. Proof reading a softcopy – When proof reading a softcopy document on a computer screen more often, it will lead to some sorts of mistakes. But this is rare.
8. Blind to personal mistakes – no one can spot their own mistakes. Only others will know the mistake we do.
So it is better to get others help like expert proofreading services to get your document proof reading and editing. Only the Expert proof reader will know the mistakes of your document. No harm in getting help or guidelines.
Thus here we provide you with Expert proofreading services. We follow the above guidelines to make your paper error-free thereby providing you with a quality paper. Visit us @PhDiZone