Scopus Journal Publication: The main aim of people hunting to make their papers and research work published in journals that are Scopus indexed is to get recognitions from peers and leading domain experts from their corresponding fields. So here are the fundamental concepts and stepwise guidelines you can follow to publish your paper in Scopus Indexed Journals (SIJ).
Scopus Journal Publication – a Short Definition
It is one among the biggest, highly reputable abstract as well as citation databases specifically for academic study. It also covers several other formats like journals, books, conference papers and so on in the area of medicine, science, technology, arts and social sciences.
Stepwise Guidelines to Publish Research Paper in Scopus Journal Publication
Here are the guidelines to make your research work publish in Scopus Indexed Journals. Let’s go down and see it.
1. Revealing Scopus Journal Publication
The first and foremost step is to find the relevant journals that are Scopus indexed.
What to do to find the relevant SIJs?
In recent days, there exists hundreds and thousands of SIJs in every domain. Hence, it could be slightly difficult for a person to find the relevant SIJ by simply skimming the master list of SIJ. For this purpose, Scopus has created a way where users can search their journals corresponding to their area of interest by simply entering certain details as listed below.
- Desired area of interest
- The specific publication or journal’s title for which they are searching
- Publisher’s name as well as the ISSN code.
Any one of the details mentioned above can be entered correctly so that it will help the user to discover the actual publication or journal that is itemised in the master list of Scopus. On the other hand, if you do not know the above mentioned details don’t become anxious. You can also extend your search without entering these details by simply entering the area of interest. The only thing is it will be time consuming. Concurrently, it is also easy as Scopus provides many options to minimize your search.
2. Finding the Best SIJ or Publication
Now, you might have found the ways to find the SIJ or publication. But, finding the best among them is vital. So, here are the significant steps to consider to achieve this.
- Simply, publishing the research work in any of the publication or journal is a worst way of publishing.
- A person should always start by finding the highly relevant and suitable journals for their current area of interest or study.
- As mentioned already, Scopus has several journals as well as publications that are itemised as a portion of the master list and is considered to be of good quality, reliable and authentic.
Finding the relevant and best suitable SIJ for publishing the research paper also have few steps to be followed.
- The count of followers or readers possessed by a journal
- The topic or title a journal is found to cover
- The standard of researchers or authors who possess their research paper published in the particular journal
- The opportunities or chances that can be gained as a consequence of publishing the Research paper writing
- Their popularity and reputation within your domain or field
- To find if the specific journal is an open access or close access. When decision has to be made like either to choose an open access or close access journal, remember that choosing the open access needs author and co-authors to provide a fees for processing the specific event that the publication or journal opts to publish their research work.
3. Create Your Research Work Based on the Journal’s Guidelines
- After finding the best suitable SIJ, you have to take appropriate steps to confirm that your research work is formatted and edited based on the journal’s paper writing guidelines.
- To accomplish this, initiate by reading as well as gaining a clear realization of all the terms as well as the conditions of the particular journal which you have selected to get your work published.
- Subsequently, continue to find all the earlier challenges associated with the publication. Also, find the best papers and note it.
- This will help you find several things like the specific format of each and every research works published in the journal, the ideal tone or style of writing, the way to emphasize the discoveries to create it likable to the readers.
- This will assist to make your paper look great and abide by the guidelines of the specific journal.
4. Submitting Your Research Work
After formatting your research work as per the guidelines of the specific journal which you have selected to get your work published, it is time to submit your research paper. Now, you have to follow certain steps to submit your work according to the conditions of the journal. Through these steps you will be able to know, where, when and how to submit the research paper. It also helps to find if any fees are to be paid during submission. Most of the SIJs include the upcoming online submission methods for the authors as well as the co-authors to submit the work.
For this, you have to enter some basic details like
Your name followed by your email address
- The topic or area of interest
- The kind of study undertaken
- University, institution or any company they pertain to
- Their objective or goal to undertake the study
You have to enter all these details in an online form where it is important to make sure that all the details you have entered are up-to-date and accurate. Any mismatching or wrong entry in the information might lead to rejection of your submission.
Entering a wrong information and getting the paper rejected will make you to start the entire process again. So, make sure this doesn’t happen.
5. Notification from the Publisher
After submitting the paper, you have to wait to get reply from the journal’s reviewing committee. This might take few days. At times, it might also take months based on the complexity associated with the work.
If the reviewing committee finds your paper to satisfy their guidelines, they will let you know through a notification describing the completion of the review process and acceptance of your research work for publication.
But, if your research work is rejected, do not get dejected. Rather, concentrate on the particular area where you have made mistake and try doing things correctly the next time.
6. ToC (Transfer of Copyrights)
This is the vital method to get your paper published in the specific journal as various journals have different copyright rules and procedures. Understand the terms as well as the conditions of the Scopus Indexed Journal and make it accordingly.
7. Confirmation of Scopus Journal Publication
After completing the review process and ToC to the specific publisher, the actual time is left only for publishing the paper which is to be done by the publishers. Once the paper is published, you will get a notification stating that your research paper has been published. In addition, you will also get other details like any alterations to be made at the final minute and in which particular issue the research work has been published. Most of the journals also provide a period for review within which the authors can select to make any changes in the formatting or edits when any alterations have to be done. Hope you have got a clear idea and tips to get your research work published in SIJs.